This blog is dedicated to my dearest Krishna...mostly poetry, sometimes through the words of a Gopi, and sometimes, just my own musings...

Friday, September 10, 2021

Near and Far

 A trickle of hope in a land destitute,

A beam of light in a path rather acute;

A ray of hope piercing through the shut window:

Such is the dazzling sight You endow!


Laden with the choicest peacock feathers,

Swaying  with the wind hither and thither;

A surreal smile and those eyes that astound:

Flowing as ever with mercy abound! 


The distances have accumulated like a wall,

And from afar longingly my gaze falls:

Like a hazy picture i desperately wish to recall,

Here i am longing for Your gracious call!


Pride and ignorance have looted my mind,

And yet Your footprints all over i find!

With hope, everytime i turn behind,

Longing for a glimpse of my Lord divine!


Like a singer parched, a child lost:

(Reliving the memories of the past)

Surrendered, of further words i am wrought!

As always, in You every solution i have sought!






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ILWK,

    Your post resonates with me so much! I have been so distant from Krishna , and now I am finding my way back to him.

    I feel the old connection whenever I read posts from you..and sometimes I go to the All About Krishna blog & Drainpiper's too :) I do miss LUEN's and Drainpiper's posts on Krishna!

    Good to have you back, Hope you have been doing fine?

    Take care,
    Lost Gopi ( I don't know if you remember me )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you @lostgopi for making it to this page. Feels like meeting a long lost friend.
    Talking of our Krishna experiences seems like talking of a long-lost childhood innocence!
    May He bless us with many more 💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It seems like from a completely different time.. our lives have changed so much since then.

      At least we can relive the old feelings like this 🥰 Maybe I will start up my old blog again too sometime😅

      Delete