This blog is dedicated to my dearest Krishna...mostly poetry, sometimes through the words of a Gopi, and sometimes, just my own musings...

Monday, May 11, 2020

Thenthiruperai-1

Bearing a white conch, whirled and pristine,
Adorning the other hand is the auspicious wheel;
Enchanting in all His splendour, with eyes like the lotus flower,
Mounting the divine bird, He rides my heart, unencumbered!
O mothers! In what words can I possibly surmise?
The beauty I wish you witness with your own eyes!
In that land where the Vedic chants are relentless,
And the music of celebrations endless:
Therein He sits, the epitome of bliss blemishless;
Enjoying the sounds of the kids’ games that never cease!
To that Thiruperai, this lost girl shall reach!


A liberal translation of Parangusa Nayaki’s (Nammazhwar’s) pining for the Lord of Thenthiruperai! Even as her mother and other ladies try to convince her otherwise, she explains that she is already lost to Him.(From Tiruvaymozhi 7.3.1)

1 comment:

  1. Hi ILWK,

    Happy to see you posting again :)
    I didn't expect to, since your other group blog and this one wasn't active for long.

    Lost Gopi

    ReplyDelete